Wednesday, September 13, 2006

This week I have been thinking on the fact of 9/11. It is so hard for me to watch even after 5 years since that tragic day. Even when I watch the news they just don't get what we are facing now and in the future. I can remember going to school and we were in a cold war but we never heard about the terroists every day and we never worried about being attacked. That was so far from our minds. I do feel bad for the people who were killed. It is very hard to believe that the twin towers are no longer standing. We were in New York the week before and I never imagined they would be gone. Our family went up one night to the top of the Empire State building and it was so clear and the twin towers were so beautiful.

This weekend we start a new series on Islam and what it means for us and for the nations. What people do not understand is that we are facing an enemy that does not care what we think and wants to kill for the sake of Allah. We can not and will never negotiate with terroists. With everything that is happening we know the Lord's return is soon.

We need to pray for our president and in my opinion he is the right man for the job. The Lord put him in office at the right time. I would not want to be in his shoes. The decisions he makes he needs wisdom and it is our responsibility to pray for him.

I don't know if you saw the documentary on ABC leading up to 9/11. They did a good job of interpreting what I think really went on. We did miss on things and we should have seen the warning signs. I think also the Lord allowed 9/11 and he can allow another one to get our attention and to show us who he really is and we need to be more fervent and reverent to a God that will allow things to happen when a nation turns from Him and turns to things that are not of Him.