Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Well, it has been awhile. I can't believe that Labor day has come and gone. We are already looking towards Christmas and what we are going to do this year.

Many of you probably heard about Steve Irwin's death (formally known as the Crocodile man). When I heard about it I could not believe that he had died. I was not a fan of his but I thought he was funny at times and somewhat stupid too. Yet, he loved animals and tried to help them as much as he could. He also loved his family more than we will know. I would definitely not go after crocodiles or handle snakes like he did. I really do not like reptiles but the Lord put them here for a reason. Why? I am not sure. What I see as sad is now he has small children that have lost their dad and someone who was not afraid of anything and put his life on the line.

This is an example to me of how as christians we need to put our life on the line because of who we serve. I think back to columbine high school and how the one girl was asked if she belived in God and she said yes and was killed for her belief. She put her life on the line for God. No matter what would happen.