Tuesday, June 20, 2006

On Sunday, mom and I went down to Atlanta to Northpoint Church. That is where Andy Stanley is pastor. It is a great church full of life and young families. We went down because my cousin spoke on Sunday for Father's day. She talked about her dad and her relationship with him. Her parents were divorced and her mom(my aunt) got remarried. But, her dad was never there for her after that divorce. She talked about how she remembered her dad leaving and how she didn't understand why he left. Through the years she would go and see him and try to make the effort to communicate and to show love, but he never did. He has passed away now but she ended her talk with how things got resolved before he died. There was not a dry eye in the place.

It was very funny and moving all at the same time. She did a great job and I hope it spoke to many people. It was hard to listen to without crying because I knew her dad and knew all the pain she went through too.

Speaking of Father's day I am very thankful for my dad. To many of you he is a man that you see every week debating people and bringing forth the truth about Christ. To me he is the best father anyone could have. We are very close and I don't know what I would do without him. He has taught me so much in life and is such a role model for me and what I want in the man I will marry. To me he is just dad.